Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Local Love: Go See Go Wreath Co


Hey everyone. Today I want to talk about a local small business that you have to check out. Tis the season for wreaths, so look no further than Go See Go Wreath Co. Fawn is a very crafty friend of mine and a huge supporter of local artisans, she's the creative mind behind Go See Go Wreath Co and mother to one adorably chubby baby boy. I sat down with her to see how she does it.

How did you get started making wreaths?

Honestly - it started when I was cooped up at the end of my pregnancy. It was the late summer, hot, and I was pregnant for a 9lb+ child. I had a lot of time to read and study and a lot of creative "joneses" to get out of my system. I kept seeing beautiful wreaths everywhere in my travels as well as online and just KNEW I could do something similar with my own twists and turns to make them completely unique and out of the box. I read anything and everything I could; from basic wreath design info to floral design & embellishment techniques. I made one simple wreath without many frills once I settled into a flow with my new family and I was instantly hooked. With each one I try new things, as well as try to push the envelope. I love it!

Where do you get your inspiration from?

Everywhere and everything. Vintage fabrics. Time periods. Music. Color combinations/color theory. Personalities. Movies. Interior design (I love matching a wreath to a room!). Certain embellishments that I see out. I'll buy one little piece of ornamentation or a really cool silk flower and that's it, I'm off like someone dropped the starting gate. Of course the magic of the holidays always sweeps me off my feet too, I love pretty much every holiday there is!

What sizes do they come in and what's the cost?

I can do everything from teensie tiny six inch mini wreaths all the way to 24" in certain circumstances. In most cases I price based on size and detail. The one I sell the most of is my 16 inch size, and for a basic design I usually charge around $35.
I also do yarn wrapped wooden letters that start at $15.

Is there anything you can't do?

In my opinon, no! I'm always up to do something new and exciting when it comes to design. Where there's a will, there's a way! Right now I'm looking for someone interested in having me create something that can light up! I have several other new ideas as well that I'm dying to do, such as a "wreath chandelier!" A nice, modern piece of art to hang from your celing instead of your door!


Where can people get your wreaths and how can they get in touch with you for a custom order?


You can find and message me on facebook at www.facebook.com/goseegowreathco (where you can see great examples of my work - including custom pieces and ones that have been sold), on etsy at www.etsy.com/shop/goseegowreathco or you can send an email to goseegowreathco@gmail.com

I asked Fawn to make an ivory, gold, and burgundy creation for my mom and everyone has been wowed. It's elegant and beautiful (like my mom) and it's very much my mom's style. As soon as she received it, my mother removed what she had on the door and promptly hung up her new wreath. Make sure to check out Fawn's Etsy shop as well as her Facebook page where she updates with new available wreaths as well as past creations. Don't see what you're looking for, don't hesitate to get in touch for a custom order! You will be pleasantly surprised!

 Above: My mom's beautiful new wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment