Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Influenster St. Ives VoxBox



As you probably know by now I absolutely love Influenster, & I especially love getting VoxBoxes. It's also pretty well known how much I love beauty products. Anyone who has ever been to my house knows that I have a whole closet full of bath products. So you can imagine my excitement when I received this St. Ives VoxBox. You can watch my quick overview on YouTube here: Influenster St. Ives VoxBox Review
Keep reading below for my full review.


This is actually the first time that I've ever used products from St. Ives. Of course I've seen them on store shelves and heard of them plenty of times before, but somehow I've never picked them up myself.


Let's start out with the Even & Bright Pink Lemon and Mandarin Exfoliating Body wash. I'm a sucker for anything citrus. I don't know what it is, but I absolutely love the freshness of citrus scents. This body wash bursts with an almost grapefruit like scent which really helps to brighten up a cold winter's day. It also has natural exfoliants which are great for sloughing away dry, dead, winter skin. The exfoliant is gentle enough for daily use, but for full disclosure I will admit there was one day where my skin was particularly dry and I was a little bit itchy after washing. Since this only happened once I'm throwing it out as an anomaly. However if you're very sensitive that may be an issue for you as well.

Next up is the Nourished & Smooth Oatmeal Scrub and Mask. This was the first time I've seen a product that is scrub and mask, usually I've seen one or the other. It's super gentle and moisturizing with all natural oatmeal as well as honey. I have to admit I still haven't taken time for myself to try it as a mask (it's on my to do list, but my days are crazy), but I've been loving it as a scrub. This is another mild exfoliant that's probably gentle enough for daily use, but I've only been using it about twice a week so as not to overdo it. I actually tried this out on my boyfriend who has really bad eczema and a tendency to be very sensitive to products. He did really well with it as well and said his skin felt softer. This scrub helps to remove flaky, dry skin from the face and restore moisture. It also smells delicious which is a plus. My face definitely felt smoother and softer after using this.

Last, but not least is the Refresh & Revive Pear Nectar and Soy Body Lotion. Boy am I glad the sent a big one. I love body lotion, actually any lotion really, and I absolutely love pears. The scent on this is very light and natural, it's not that overly sweet artificial pear that you sometimes find in bath products. I really like that this was a lightweight and fast absorbing body lotion. I'm one of those people who doesn't like to put clothes on while my skin feels wet or sticky. This usually leads to me sitting around waiting for lotion to dry if it isn't a formula absorbs quickly and I get annoyed. I know it's a silly thing, but for some reason I don't like that feeling. With this I was able to put it on after the shower and pretty quickly get dressed. Totally absorbed into my skin and no greasy feel. I think I'd bathe in this lotion if I could.


Overall I love this trio of products for the winter time. You get lovely scents, gentle exfoliation and all over hydration. I can definitely see myself using these products all throughout the winter.

These products were sent to me free of charge by Influenster. All reviews and opinions are my own and are no way influenced by brands, companies or other reviews.

Want to get your own free products to try? Sign up here: www.influenster.com/r/349323

No comments:

Post a Comment