Sunday, October 22, 2017

Sample Sunday

Let's be honest, we all have a pile of samples somewhere. I know I do. Every online order comes with them, almost every shop or counter gives them out and sometimes we even get free gift bags chock full of them. A while back I sat down and sorted them out by type in an attempt to get myself to use them all up. To speed up that process and hopefully provide you with some information I'm starting this new series: Sample Sunday. Each week I'll be trying out a selection of samples and giving you my first impressions and thoughts. I'm going to try to do a few different types of samples each time to try to give you good variety.

Here we go!

This week's samples:

Fragrance: Marc Jacobs Daisy

I don't know how I've never tried this before! It's such a popular fragrance and I know quite a few people who love it. It's described as "Daisy is a sparkling floral bouquet, spirited and fresh, wrapped in comfort and warmth." It's a fruity floral with notes of Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Jasmine, and White Woods.
I didn't find it overly floral, but softly so. Sometimes florals can be a bit overpowering and this doesn't, it strikes a nice balance. I don't get the note of strawberry particularly, but it could be there in a very subtle way. It's a very clean smelling fragrance and great for every day.

Body Product: I AM Organic Body Oil

So a little bit of background. I was lucky enough to be able attend the Indie Beauty Expo in New York this year and met a TON of amazing brands. Some of those of course stood out to me. I AM Organic was one of the first booths I saw when I walked in and the ladies there were so incredible. The ladies are so kind and are passionate about what they do and the products they offer. I was immediately obsessed. I brought home a sample of their Restored (Lavender and Rosemary) Body Scrub which my mother very quickly kept for herself. I also got this sample of their Energy (Citrus) Body Oil and I LOVE IT! It smells absolutely delicious and makes my skin feel incredible. It hydrates and smooths my skin and I highly recommend it.

Skin Care: Bliss That's Incredi-Peel

I got a few of these to try out and when I feel like my skin is looking a little dull I've used them. According to Bliss these easy to use Peel Pads are described as: "Glycolic acid and vitamin E to target fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots and imperfections.Retexturizes and soothes skin in just one step. Time-release technology makes it gentle enough for all skin type." They make my skin a teeny bit pink and tingly at first, but then the next morning it looks good. I think I prefer going for a professional peel versus using these every day which I think would make me too sensitive (I tried using them two days in a row once and I was a little itchy and dry.)

Makeup: Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick in 23 Fuschia-In-The-Know 

I had popped into Sephora to grab something for my mom and noticed this little beauty in the rewards case. Normally I'm disappointed in the offerings (and to be honest I think it's crazy that $100 of points gets you the equivalent of a free sample you could just ask for, but that's for another post) but this caught my eye. I've been wanting to try Givenchy lipsticks for a while (that packaging is seriously sleek) and I had heard good things about the formula. This baby is so rich and pigmented and it goes on soooo smoothly. I'm in love. The color pulls almost slightly reddish and not just straight up hot pink. It's seriously gorgeous and I highly recommend it. It is very creamy so it will move around if you aren't careful. You're going to want to wear a liner with this for sure, maybe even blot it to be safe. It's a dream to wear though, so comfortable and creamy.

 Don't mind the picture with my glasses! I've been having some eye issues lately so I can't wear my contacts :( Hoping to be back in them soon though since this prescription is old!


Let me know what you think of this week's lineup and what products you'd like to see in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment