Sunday, April 27, 2014

Special Sample Sunday: MK Glam Box from Influenster


This week's Sample Sunday is special because this week I got my second VoxBox from Influenster. This one features products from Mary Kay Cosmetics. Full disclosure: This box was totally free and I was chosen to receive it. This does not impact my review in any way and does not guarantee a positive review.







 I love that they included a card with everything that was in the box. I like that it explains the products and also makes it easier if I want to get any of these products again.
 First up, I'm super excited that there were brushes included in this box. These are really great quality and I didn't experience any shedding with them which I liked. They were perfect for applying the included products.

Included were the Powder Brush ($16) and the Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush ($10.)
Next up is the Lash Love Mascara in I <3 Black ($15.) I liked this mascara a lot. It isn't too thick and applies nicely. I got thicker and longer looking lashes, but I still had good definition. The formula and the applicator work really well together.









The short silicone style applicator worked well at grabbing lashes close to the base and I was able to get two good coats on without having "spider leg lashes."

 For the lips they included the NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Mango Tango ($14.) I liked the feel of this gloss on my lips, it did feel very hydrating on soft without being sticky. I found the color to be very red for something with Mango in the name I expected more coral. I found the opacity of the gloss to be a little patchy and streaky.


 I have to admit I was apprehensive about trying this bronzer. It's the Bronzing Powder in Light-Medium ($18) and I thought it might be too dark for (since almost everything is.) However, I was pleasantly surprised at the color. I applied it with a light hand and was very happy with it. It's very lightweight on and very natural looking. It does have a little bit of shimmer in it so start light and build up.


 I loved the color the Mineral Cheek Color in Shy Blush ($12) in the pan, but it had just a little too much shimmer for me. It photographs nicely, but in person it's a bit much. It could work with the right look, but I wouldn't choose it for everyday. A little transluscent powder on top might do the trick to soften it.

 And lo and behold they included a Translucent Loose Powder ($16.) I've been looking for a new translucent setting powder and I really like that this one is matte without looking powdery and dry. 
I've been trying some different cream eye shadows lately and I really like this one. The Cream Eye Color in Apricot Twist ($14) is a shimmering champagne gold color that is super creamy and easy to use. I didn't have any issues with creasing which can happen with some other cream colors. It has a slightly shimmery metallic look and is an amped up neutral that is so pretty on. It applies much better with the brush they included than with fingers.
Seriously how pretty is this color? This is something I can definitely see myself wearing frequently, it's gorgeous and so easy to use.













I've been wanting to try gel eyeliner for a while, but I've been nervous that I would be terrible at applying it.

This Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black with an Expandable Brush Applicator ($18) is awesome. It applies really easily and works really well over the cream shadow. I like that the brush cap becomes the handle. This duo packs up nicely and will be handy for traveling and small makeup bags.








Please excuse my crazy spiky bun, it's my go to get my hair out of my face. But check out how well all the products work together. I love that this box had everything you needed for a complete look and also allowed me to try a full range of Mary Kay products.

If you're interested in placing an order from Mary Kay, you can order from my friend Sonia, just click here.

If you want to become an Influenster just click the link in the right hand side.

No comments:

Post a Comment