Thursday, August 25, 2016

MAC x Star Trek

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, MAC has released a limited edition collection.

"Spanning half a century, Star Trek and its loyal fans cross decades, influencing ideas and aesthetics of gender, race and intergalactic potential. As the sci-fi saga continues, delight in the beauty of exploration as M·A·C and Star Trek’s latest cinema generation joins forces in an exclusive makeup collaboration of astral hues."



I'm a total dork so I was pretty excited for this collection. I also love that they did looks inspired by the women of Star Trek and included tutorials. Check them out at the links below.


My eyes immediately gravitate towards the pressed pigments and the glitter in them, those just stand out to me and look so gorgeous and I think they would be great as we move into the darker colors of Fall.


I'm also loving the false lashes with peeks of blue, I just think they're so fun and a very sexy shape. I feel as though these can be very wearable because the blue is subtle.

It wouldn't be me if I didn't go for Kling it On (I'm a sucker for purple lipstick.) Described as
a deep purple with fine pink glitter it's my kind of lipstick.

The Trip the Light Fantastic powders also seem gorgeous and would definitely work as highlight and blush in one. Because I'm so fair I would go for Luna Luster (plus I just love those soft pink shades.)

 
I would love to see more dorky collaborations since it fits my personality so well. I love getting glam, but I also love Comic Con and I think collections are a perfect combination of the two!


Photos courtesy of MAC

No comments:

Post a Comment