Sunday, August 21, 2016

Make Up For Ever #MyArtistRouge VoxBox



You have no idea how excited I was when I found out I was getting this VoxBox. I love Influenster and I practically did backflips when I found out there was a Make Up For Ever VoxBox coming out since they are my favorite makeup brand. They sent me 3 gorgeous shades of their new Artist Rouge lipsticks: C211 Rose Wood, C404 Passion Red and C502 Taupe Violet. I was ecstatic too because these are all shades I would reach for normally. The new lipsticks come in two finishes: matte and cream as indicated by the C or M before the shade name. (They also do this with their eyeshadows which is very helpful, I'm a big fan of D colors which have Diamond sparkle.)





The new Artist Rouge aren't to be confused with their predecessors the Rouge Artist Intense, they're replacing them. There are a few differences between the two and Make Up For Ever was looking to improve the formulation with this launch. Before you even open it there is an immediate difference in packaging. While the Rouge Artist was a sleek plastic square casing the new Artist Rouge are round and aluminum and feel heavier in the hand and definitely more high end. The design is also even more minimalist with a simple embossed pair of lips at the top and a black and white sticker listing the shade on the bottom versus the logo printed across the side and the colored sticker at the bottom.









Upon opening the lipstick you'll notice a new bullet shape, which I found made application easy even without lining the lips. The Rouge Artist came with a more flat faced bullet and the new Artist Rouge is a sleeker, taller and more pointed bullet.







When swatching the colors I didn't notice a significantly higher color payoff in the new formula, but this may apply more to certain shades which may have been patchier in the original formula. For comparison I used Rouge Artist Intense #43 Moulin Rouge against C404 Passion Red since they were similar in color.



As you'll see in my Instagram the formula is creamy and pigmented and holds up well. I went to an outdoor wedding in August wearing it and it didn't budge even through cocktails and I only barely had to reapply after dinner.



I love a classic red and this one is a show stopper. The C211 Rose Wood is just such a gorgeous every day shade that doesn't fade into the background. I wore it with a more natural every day look and it popped in a more subtle way, but was just as rich and beautiful as the red. C502 Taupe Violet is such a cool color. I have lots of purple and violet lipsticks, but there is something so unique about this one. It's as though it wants to be a greige and a violet at the same time and I just love it.

A photo posted by Stephanie Texeira (@crashlovesdanger) on

These retail for $22 and come in 15 matte shades and 30 cream shades. I think they're well worth it and I will definitely be reaching for them often and will probably pick up a few more shades, I'd love to try some of the mattes as well.

Description from Sephora: "Now saturated with 25 percent more pigment than the original Rouge Artist, Artist Rouge Lipstick brings bold color impact to lips that make a statement. This extremely pigmented formula not only provides intense, opaque color but boasts an ultra-creamy, non-drying formula that hydrates the lips for ultimate comfort. Its unique, precision shaped bullet allows for easy, defined application while the long wear formula will not bleed or feather. Artist Rouge is a bold collection that is professionally curated to include the most flattering shades across all color families—with a perfect match for each and every skintone. It features two finishes: a matte for an ultra-matte yet velvety finish that won't feel dry and a cream for intense color with a natural-looking, creamy finish."

I received this Make Up For Ever VoxBox for free from Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment