Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Influenster VoxBox: L'Oreal EverCurl Cleansing Balm

The product featured in this post was sent to me by Influenster for free for review. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.


I was really excited to try this new L'Oreal EverCurl Cleansing Balm because I've heard a lot about some new methods for washing curly hair including reverse cleansing (conditioner before shampoo), curly girl method and others.

The product itself is a thick cream, somewhere between a balm and a conditioner, it has a light, but pleasant smell. The bottle instructs you to use 6-8 pumps or more for longer hair. As my hair is thick and very long I ended up using about 24 pumps and truthfully could have probably used a bit more. You massage it in and leave it for 3-5 minutes. The strangest part of washing your hair like this is the lack of lather. You assume that bubbles mean clean, but there wasn't a bubble in sight.

My hair felt soft and smooth afterwards as promised, but shortly after as it dried began to frizz up. The product seems to claim that it will replace your various steps and leave curly hair practically ready to go. I definitely think I needed styling products because my curls soon became unruly.

I also have to mention that it did strip some dye from my hair so that was a downside as well.

If paired with some styling products I think this could be a great product for curly girls, but it's not a standalone.

Overall I'd give it a 3/5.

L'Oreal EverCurl Cleansing Balm retails for $11.99 at major retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment