Wednesday, February 13, 2013

ModCloth Cabin Fever: My Order Came In! Plus Great Customer Service

So excited! My ModCloth order finally came in the mail! At first I panicked because my package was showing as delivered, but no one seemed to know where it was, but everything is okay now! I had to restrain myself during the sale because there were so many beautiful dresses and accessories on sale. I bought three dresses and two gorgeous necklaces and a very cute note-card set, and everything was 70% off!

First, the dresses:

Shift for the Better (this was the most expensive, but also the best deal.)

This dress hangs a bit funny on the hanger, but the shape on a person is really great. I love the subtle clear sequins that give it a little shine. It's just such a fun, pretty dress! (I'll be completely honest, the dress fits a little bit smaller than I thought it would, but I am in the process of losing weight, so by the time I can wear it, it should be fine.)

Lines of Poetry
At first glance online I thought it was a soft sweater type material (I should have read the description), but I still love the dress. It's just so soft and feminine and pretty. I absolutely love this one and it was my boyfriend's favorite of the three. I'll most likely be wearing it for our anniversary. This dress also fit a bit more snugly than I had imagined it would, but it fits. (It's still available in another set of colors and to be honest, I might order that one too! Lines of Poetry in Deep)

Seaside Celebration
Oh this dress. Pictures do not do this dress justice. It is stunning in person. I love that the sequins are different sizes and the colors just pop. It is such a fun party dress. It just screams, "I have arrived!" The dress is pretty well lined, but because of the side zip you have to put the dress on over your head. I had a very hard time putting this one on and an even worse time taking it off. I got some pretty horrible scratches from the sequins because it partly flipped while I was taking it off. I might give this one another go on another day. 

Next, the necklaces:

In Pearl Bloom
This beautiful little trifecta of flowers is accented with mint colored pearls. It's so different than anything else I own and I think it will be perfect with a more simple dress in the springtime and summer.

Versailles of the Times
Another dainty different piece. I love the filigree accents to it. Unfortunately this one arrived broken, but ModCloth quickly took care of it. I've been ordering from them since 2008 and I've never had to call customer service before, but they helped me out in less than 2 minutes and were super friendly about it. They're sending me a new one this week. (Update: I've already received it and the new one is in perfect condition.) This necklace manages to be dainty and a statement piece at the same time. I absolutely love it!

Sorry that my pictures aren't looking great. I need to find a better spot to photograph in my house.



No comments:

Post a Comment