Friday, March 1, 2013

Illamasqua Imperfect Nail Polish: Speckled Nails


I am loving some of the new nail trends, there's a big emphasis on birds and feathers right now. I adore the new Illamasqua Imperfect nail polishes which resemble the speckles on a bird's egg. I was finally able to hunt down a bottle and purchased it in Speckle which is a lovely lavender shade. For the best results you will need 2-3 coats of polish, this helps to really get the speckled egg effect. I chose to do 3 coats, but see the comparison of coats below. I love this for Spring, and as cliché as it is, I love it for Easter. I'm thinking of pairing it with an accent nail I recently saw on Pinterest using a real feather. If I'm able to pull that off, you guys will be the first ones to know. 

I had to ask for the polish at my Sephora, because they had just received the shipment and it wasn't even on the floor yet, so don't be afraid to ask!

There are five colors available:
Speckle (lavender), Freckle (cocoa), Fragile (light blue), Mottle (light moss green), and 
Scarce (light pink.) They are available exclusively at Sephora for $16 or on Illamasqua's Website



One coat on the right, two coats on the left

Two coats on the right, three coats on the left
 I was a little bit messy since it was kind of late at night, but I just couldn't wait to try it out!
Close up of the polish in the bottle

All done! (Don't worry I cleaned it up a little in the morning)


What nail colors/trends are you loving right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment