Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Day 2012

Happy Election Day!

(Sorry this got posted a day late, I was having issues getting this post up) I hope everyone exercised their right to vote! I had a teacher in high school who always said “If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain, you didn't try to change anything.” I went off to the polls bright and early before work. Unfortunately they changed my polling place and I wasn't 100% certain where to go in, but I figured it out. Because I live in a small city, a lot of our local positions were re-elects with no opposition, including one jerk I went to high school with. He was always really mean to me, so I didn't want to vote for him, but really, even with a write in, he was still going to win. Oh well, there are bigger fish to fry this election. I knew who I was voting for for the presidency, but I have to say that I had a lot of unease about the senatorial vote. I voted for the person I believe has the same views as I do, but can you ever really be sure? I feel like the campaigns this year bashed a lot more than usual. It felt like children fighting in grade school, and if they can't play nice and address the issues at hand, I don't know that I want them making decisions that affect my life.

 Whatever the outcome, here's hoping it improves our country for the best. Tell me, did you vote today?

 Update: Congratulations President Obama on another 4 years. Lead us forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment