Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tis the Season

As you may have already noticed, there's a chill in the air and the stores are changing their music. For those who don't know, I work part time at Victoria's Secret, which means I've already started hearing my fair share of holiday music. They were already starting it at the end of October. I love the holidays, but this is a bit much. I was walking by Nordstrom the other night and they had a sign in their window stating that they were going to be saving their holiday windows until December because they like celebrating one holiday at a time, I agree. On the other hand, I'm one of those freaks of nature who has their holiday shopping done by Black Friday. I love decorating my house, it's fairly simple, but pretty. This year I want to put my tree up on Black Friday (after I get out of work that is), it's something that my father used to do years ago. This is the first year that my family will be here from around the world, so I'd like to get started early so that it's perfect.

At my full time job, I've been in holiday mode since September. I manage all the marketing so everything is way ahead. There we will most likely be putting up our tree next week. We're making some party favors with a little surprise inside! Hopefully I will have a DIY post up this week showing you how to make them.

Do you love the holidays or are you a grinch (like my mom)? How early do you get started?

No comments:

Post a Comment