Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall Recipes: Apple Sauce

Call me blasphemous, but I don't love pumpkins. I know, I know, every New Englander is supposed to love pumpkin everything, I don't, sorry. For me, Fall is all about apples. Apple pie, apple cider, apple sauce, YUM! My best friend recently made me homemade applesauce and it was amazing, I couldn't believe how easy it was to make so I asked if I could share the recipe. Here it is!

I eat a lot of applesauce so I doubled it, it works just as well, but below is the original. I used gala apples, but I think any red apple will work well.

4 apples peeled, cored and chopped
3/4 cup water
1/4 white granulated sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cover. Cook over medium for 20 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from heat and mash with potato masher or fork (or if you're like me, a whisk) until at the desired consistency. I like mine a little chunky so I don't mash it long, you can make it smoother if you like.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment