Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ciate Velvet Manicure Review

A few months ago I bought the Ciate mother of pearl caviar nail set and was pretty happy with it. Just in time for the holidays, Ciate came out with their velvet manicure. I was dying to get my hands on both the deep garnet red and the navy blue. The two Sephora stores near me were out of the blue, so I decided to just try the red for now. I have to say I'm glad I didn't buy two. The color of the polish is absolutely stunning and I would definitely wear it again. The velvet is a whole different story. It was a little bit difficult to apply and the container for the velvet cracked halfway through doing my nails. I managed to finish up my manicure and it looked pretty good for about an hour. Once I had to wash my hands it looked a little worse for wear. The velvet dries pretty quickly, but doesn't look the same afterward. After about one day of wear my nails simply looked as if I had smudged the polish while it was wet. I did mine for Christmas (velvet always makes me think of Christmas) and it was sufficient to get me through the day. For $19 though I wasn't overly impressed. It's good for a one night occasion, but I didn't find it had lasting power past that.

I would give it a 3/5. Pretty, but not spectacular.

What nail trends have you tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment