Sunday, March 9, 2014

New Feature: Sample Sunday


I love samples. I think they are just great, especially in the beauty world. Fragrances and cosmetics are very personal and should be tried on to see if they are a good fit for you. I worked in fragrances for about 3 years and had hundreds of clients who I had try on a fragrance before buying one willy nilly. It is so crucial since what a fragrance smells like on a blotter card or what a foundation looks like on the back of your hand can be so different from what it wears like on you. Cosmetics can be expensive so you really want to make sure you are making a good investment. For this reason I get samples as often as I can. I can try out so many products to see if I love them before taking the plunge. Sephora always offers 3 samples with your online order and many cosmetic companies will throw a few in with your order as well.  Add to this the variety of sampler bags that Sephora and Ulta so often have and a girl can wind up with a whole lotta samples.



I actually have a shoebox sized storage tote overflowing with samples at the moment. This helps to keep all my samples in one place and avoid losing them. Since I have so many I've decided that from now on every Sunday until the basket is empty, if that ever happens (not likely), will be Sample Sunday where I will test out up to 3 samples and then let you know what I think of them. This will help me to get through them and help you to make informed buying decisions, although I still recommend you trying them too!


 Pictured: SOOOO many samples

No comments:

Post a Comment