Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Target Beauty Box

My Target Beauty Box has finally arrived! For only $5 I got all the goodies you see here, that's only $1 per item!











Description from Target:
Beauty Box Includes:

1) TONI&GUY Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray (2.5 fl oz): Want beachy hair without hitting the surf? Spray from root to tip for salty, sultry texture and subtle, windswept waves.

2) L’Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara (.22 fl oz): Stretch and lengthen lashes for a fluttery, winged-out look with this unique mascara formula and revolutionary asymmetrical Butterfly Brush.

3) Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo (1.7 oz): Give hair a rejuvenating boost with this paraben and colorant-free formula made with natural tapioca to instantly absorb excess oil with less residue.

4) COVERGIRL Smoochies Sizzle Gloss (.44 fl oz): Pucker up. Sheer color meets sizzling shimmer in a moisturizing formula that’s always stunning, never sticky.

5) Jergens BB Cream Light (2 fl oz): Finally, a multi-tasking beauty cream in a quick-drying formula that goes on sheer and delivers visible results in just 5 days.

My thoughts:

I was very excited to see the Toni & Guy spray because a friend was just telling about how awesome this stuff is. I have never been able to get the beachy wave look. My hair is very curly naturally and so when I try to do waves I either get straight hair or a frizzy mess from playing with it too much. I have mixed feelings about this product. On the one hand I got many compliments on my "sexy, beachy hair", but I felt like I looked more like a mermaid that washed up in a hurricane than a sexy siren and one other person agreed with that. I definitely think that for someone with thicker, curlier hair like myself I would probably need a little bit of a smoothing or shine product just to enhance the look. I do think I would repurchase this and with a little practice get the look I wanted. 






I have been trying so many mascaras lately, but I love doing it and finding new favorites. The brush on this mascara is asymmetrical so as to grab every lash. It takes a little maneuvering, but it does work. This isn't my favorite mascara, but I do like it.







 Not all dry shampoos are created equally so I like to try them out whenever I can before buying a full size. My hair is not usually oily, but on occasion (especially if I have a lot of product in my hair) it does get a little greasy feeling. Dry shampoo is also amazing for adding texture. This is the first I've used from a can and I was a little worried that I would end up with sticky or stiff hair, but was pleasantly surprised. My hair still felt soft, but it helped to absorb the oil without making my hair look dull. I was also still able to easily run a brush through my hair.




Lip gloss can be such a hit or miss and I love the color of this one. I heard a lot of people say they found this gloss sticky, I didn't, but I found it a bit too glittery and a bit gritty in texture because of it. This is one gloss I wouldn't repurchase simply because of the texture. It seems a good fit for much younger girls, but I wouldn't recommend it for grown women, if you love glitter (as I do) there are better options.




I have never heard of a BB Cream for the body so this product really intrigued me. It has a very light smell and texture and felt hydrating, but I didn't really see any coverage. I suppose it's meant to be a light coverage to blur any imperfections on the body, I only tried it on my arms, but I suppose it would work well on legs.





No comments:

Post a Comment